We are at a time in the world where half of the marriages in
the United States fail and end in divorce. This is not shocking to me at all, we
live in a time where the media approves and encourages lust, and affairs, and
makes it look normal to us. The saying “If you want it, go get it”, encourages
the act of adultery, and the media gives people, both men and women, the idea
of cheating on their spouse. Statistics show that marriages that end in divorce
leave the separated couples in debt, and not financially stable, because of
court, the lawyers and child support. So how can marriages be built back and restored,
and kept that way? Unfortunately I don’t think they can, I think our society is
too far gone to turn things around, and the only way to restore a marriage is
with God’s help, and to want too, and I don’t think our selfish society likes
doing the right thing these days.
Short, to the point. marriage is a train wreck in our culture. Why do people keep doing it even though the odds are it will fail?
ReplyDelete