Friday, September 12, 2014

The Truth About Your Kids in College

     
College is one thing that I am extremely excited for, I can't wait to have all the freedom in the world and be able to make my own choices and do whatever I want, and I am defiantly not alone. College is probably one of the most exciting moments for most people, they get to be on their own for the first time in their lives. “The heart wants what the heart wants”, a famous quote by Woody Allen is pretty straight forward, if you truly desire something in your heart you’re going to try and go get it.  Most kids feel safe and pure when they start college as freshmen, even the ones who might have been leaders at church, or very religious people, but if their hearts are not in the right place and they desire bad things, that’s what they are going to pursue. Most parents are at home thinking that their kids are probably out at a bible study when in reality they are getting hammered. There are of course those who don't not participate in vulgar activities, but most of the time a persons true self is revealed during college. And the point that I am agreeing with is that college does not change peoples hearts it reveals it. 

8 comments:

  1. Good final point, you obviously read the last article I posted. This is short and feels rushed, a lot of your own thinking here. Where did you sharpen your argument? I feel like there was not that much prep time into this. Start preparing now for the next blog, it will help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. try adding more to this, it was a good topic it just was really short

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very short, but really well written. I like how you talked about what parents think their kids are doing, while their kids are doing quite the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was good, albeit short but good. That phrase "very religious" has to be one of the most misunderstood terms. People associate that term with church but it's really associated with popularity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your last line! So true. College (or whenever you move out from under your parents wings) is when your true colors are going to show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. College is exactly a place to show our heart and chase our dream. Nice and brief! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked the idea the post was written on, but like everyone else already stated it was really short.

    ReplyDelete